Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dennis Cozzalio responds to The Days God Slept


“The push-and-pull spirituality reminded me of early Scorsese, without the 'satisfaction' of release, and the way it's melded with the expression of the (trustworthy? untrustworthy?) narrators is compelling-- it made me want to scratch under the surface to find out more, or maybe more satisfyingly, to speculate on what might be true, what might come of the various fantasies being played out.

'Of the two, love is what I want, but it's the pain I trust..' That seems to me like an accurate summation of the crucial visual structure of the movie, and it's very sensitively revealed and sustained.

This is a really strong piece of work.” - Dennis Cozzalio, film critic – Sergio Leone and the Infield Flight Rule



No comments:

Post a Comment